cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajennings1
Level: Powered On

Using a LoadingSpinner screen when executing Flow

I have a Menu with various buttons. For one of my buttons, in the 'OnSelect' method, a Flow runs that executes a stored procedure on SQL Server that populates a ListBox on the subsequent screen. I want to have the Loading Spinner visible for the entire time the '.Run()' method is executing insteading of the Loading Spinner just appearing at the end.

Currently, my button just resembles a disabled button for the execution of the stored procedure:

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to have the load spinner appear when something is being executed?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Using a LoadingSpinner screen when executing Flow

HI @ajennings1 

1) Create a rectangle icon and spread it over to the whole screen, Now set its properties to:
    Fill: RGBA(230, 230, 230, .4)
    Visible: LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
2) Choose a Loading Spinner GIF from and upload it as a media into your PowerApps. Now place an Image control pointing to the uploaded image.
    Set the Visible property to LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
3) Now, set the "OnVisible" property of your screen to : Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
4) On the button that submits the flow, please update the OnSelect property as:
 OnSelect: Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true);PowerAppsFlow.Run();Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
    Here, all the actions that need to be carried out should be between the Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true) and Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false).

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Using a LoadingSpinner screen when executing Flow

HI @ajennings1 

1) Create a rectangle icon and spread it over to the whole screen, Now set its properties to:
    Fill: RGBA(230, 230, 230, .4)
    Visible: LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
2) Choose a Loading Spinner GIF from and upload it as a media into your PowerApps. Now place an Image control pointing to the uploaded image.
    Set the Visible property to LoadingSpinnerVisibilty
3) Now, set the "OnVisible" property of your screen to : Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
4) On the button that submits the flow, please update the OnSelect property as:
 OnSelect: Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true);PowerAppsFlow.Run();Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false)
    Here, all the actions that need to be carried out should be between the Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,true) and Set(LoadingSpinnerVisibilty,false).

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 399 members 3,075 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: