cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
austinizzo
Level: Power Up

Using powerapps for a notification with external email

Hello, 

I am developing a Powerbi report that utilizes a powerapps visual in order to gather comments through users and is able to give a notification to the client when a comment is submitted. This will be for an external user who's main platform is google based. We will ultimately be handing over the report to our user as well. I was wondering if there was a way to add a function in powerapps that will prompt the user to fill out their email and use that (the user's) email to send a notification to the client (google platform) when a comment is submitted?The ultimate goal of this will be to not use our email to be sending the notification. Maybe the answer is using a google based email that the client will provide? 

If further clarification is needed please let me know. Any information tips or resources would be helpful as I am very new to using both powerapps and flow. 

Thanks, 

Austin  I 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using powerapps for a notification with external email

Hi @austinizzo,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

How do you want to send the notification within your app? using Outlook email or Google email?

Further, do you want to send the notification from the email address the end user provided?

If you want to send an notification from a specific email address, you must create a connection to the corresponding connector (e.g. Outlook connector, Gmail connector, etc) using the specific email address within your app.

For example, if you want to send an notification from an Outlook email -- (user1@microsoft.com), you must create a connection to Outlook connector using this email address within your app.

Actually, the sender of an notification is based on the connection you created in your app. In other words, if user1 create a Outlook connection within this app and send an email using this connection, the sender of this email would be user1. If user2 creates a Outlook connection within this app and send an email using this connection, the sender of the email would be user2.

If you want to send an email/notification from an email address the end user provided dynamically, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using powerapps for a notification with external email

Hi @austinizzo,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

How do you want to send the notification within your app? using Outlook email or Google email?

Further, do you want to send the notification from the email address the end user provided?

If you want to send an notification from a specific email address, you must create a connection to the corresponding connector (e.g. Outlook connector, Gmail connector, etc) using the specific email address within your app.

For example, if you want to send an notification from an Outlook email -- (user1@microsoft.com), you must create a connection to Outlook connector using this email address within your app.

Actually, the sender of an notification is based on the connection you created in your app. In other words, if user1 create a Outlook connection within this app and send an email using this connection, the sender of this email would be user1. If user2 creates a Outlook connection within this app and send an email using this connection, the sender of the email would be user2.

If you want to send an email/notification from an email address the end user provided dynamically, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 328 members 3,734 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: