cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Web studio randomly closing, becoming unresponsive

Since this past Friday, I have been experiencing the web studio randomly closing my apps and occasionally becoming unresponsive. I can't seem to identify a pattern as it can happen within 15-20 minutes of starting work on an app (existing or new) or other times I can plug along for a couple hours before it happens. I don't seem to be having any other internet issues and am using a wired connection through a Surface Dock (though it did the same thing this weekend on a wireless network at my home). 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on what could be causing it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Web studio randomly closing, becoming unresponsive

@TopShelf-MSFTApologies for the very long gap in my response. I think the issue was on our ISP side as they are changing our system over to fiber optic lines and have been having some difficulties in their process. It seems to finally be ironed out though as I was able to work in the PowerApps online studio with no issues today, so that is good. Thanks to you and @ericonline for responding to this! I will mark this as the solution. 

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @wyotim

The issue i've seen since Friday is: 

- The combobox issue

- The "app 1/4 way off the screen" issue

Have not had IDE crash.

- Windows 10, Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit) and

- Ubuntu 16.04, Firefox for Ubuntu 62.0.3 (64-bit)

Super User
Super User

I am using Win10 and Edge, though I just realized I haven't tested in other browsers which should have been my first step. Smiley Embarassed I will do that and report back if needed. I have not experienced the problems you have but I haven't done anything with a combo box lately so maybe I'll do a quick test of that too.  Thanks for the comment @ericonline!

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the great feedback @wyotim and @ericonline

@wyotim can you advise if you're still experiencing issues? 

Thanks!

@TopShelf-MSFT

Super User
Super User

As of last Friday I was, even after trying different web browsers and different networks (both wired and wireless). I have been out this week so I haven’t had a chance to try again recently. I will do so on Monday.

Thanks for checking in on this. I appreciate it!
Super User
Super User

@TopShelf-MSFTUnfortunately, I am still experiencing this issue. I can get about 20 minutes or so of work in and then it will disconnect. After that, if I continue on the same app there doesn't seem to be a set time for when it disconnects; it can be a couple hours or about 20 minutes again. 

I think this is something with my computer as no one else on the forums seems to be having this issue and the other computers at my work don't appear to have similar issues either. I will pursue this as I am able today (and the rest of the week if needed) and post when I reach a solution.

Super User
Super User

@TopShelf-MSFTApologies for the very long gap in my response. I think the issue was on our ISP side as they are changing our system over to fiber optic lines and have been having some difficulties in their process. It seems to finally be ironed out though as I was able to work in the PowerApps online studio with no issues today, so that is good. Thanks to you and @ericonline for responding to this! I will mark this as the solution. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 475 members 5,421 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: