cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyS
Level 8

What is this: #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference

Azure1.jpg

This showed up today. I had two PowerApps working perfectly, ready to go to field testing. I already had one SharePoint Choice field. Works perfect. I added a second one today. Works perfect within the development app. But when I deploy I get this error in the field. I tried deleting my SharePoint list and reloading it. Now BOTH of my Choice fields have this error.

I tried deleting the field and recreating. No success. As I said, yesterday, all was well. Today, problems without touching anything.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JimmyS
Level 8

Re: What is this: #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference

Ok, so now it appears to be working after three hours. I deleted the SharePoint list, relinked the SharePoint list. Error was still there. Deleted the two fields. Recreated the two fields. Testing, ok. Save and deployed. Working. Hope it works for my team tomorrow.

Hey Microsoft, please test these things before making changes. I'm available. Oh, by the way. I did all of the above earlier with no success.

View solution in original post

JimmyS
Level 8

Re: What is this: #Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference

Data.jpg

Thank you for the reply Tom. I honesly never looked at these fields last night. I just added the SharePoint Choice field to my PowerApp edit screen, and expected it to work as my first Chice field did a week ago. As I noted above, after deleteting/reinserting the SharePoint list, deleting the controls and then recreating, all appears to be working. This is what is showing for both Choice / Drop Down lists in my app now.

Honesly don't know what @odata.type means, but I will research it. I have been building Access apps for more than 20 years, some very complex apps that helped keep an $80M company on track. But I have done 90% of my development using macros, not code. The little bits of code I have dabbled with has been mostly copy/paste. So, I am leanring how PowerApps works, but struggling a bit with a lot of the syntax. The documentation is not bad, but it lacks examples of how things should be written. I really wish I could look inside the example apps that Microsoft provides. I could learn so much from seeing why things work, more than how they work. Back in my early Access days, I relied heavily on the Northwest Traders sample database. Some of my existing application still use code from that database. Each day I discover something new though. My OneNote PowerApp folder is filling up quickly with screenshots and hints. Thanks again for the reply.

7 REPLIES 7
JimmyS
Level 8

Ok, so now it appears to be working after three hours. I deleted the SharePoint list, relinked the SharePoint list. Error was still there. Deleted the two fields. Recreated the two fields. Testing, ok. Save and deployed. Working. Hope it works for my team tomorrow.

Hey Microsoft, please test these things before making changes. I'm available. Oh, by the way. I did all of the above earlier with no success.

Super User
Super User

Hey @JimmyS

Did you look what value it was showing in your dopdown list?

I think it is because the Value1 was set on the odata type instead of the Value.

You can change this here:

Help_on_forum.PNG

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

JimmyS
Level 8

Data.jpg

Thank you for the reply Tom. I honesly never looked at these fields last night. I just added the SharePoint Choice field to my PowerApp edit screen, and expected it to work as my first Chice field did a week ago. As I noted above, after deleteting/reinserting the SharePoint list, deleting the controls and then recreating, all appears to be working. This is what is showing for both Choice / Drop Down lists in my app now.

Honesly don't know what @odata.type means, but I will research it. I have been building Access apps for more than 20 years, some very complex apps that helped keep an $80M company on track. But I have done 90% of my development using macros, not code. The little bits of code I have dabbled with has been mostly copy/paste. So, I am leanring how PowerApps works, but struggling a bit with a lot of the syntax. The documentation is not bad, but it lacks examples of how things should be written. I really wish I could look inside the example apps that Microsoft provides. I could learn so much from seeing why things work, more than how they work. Back in my early Access days, I relied heavily on the Northwest Traders sample database. Some of my existing application still use code from that database. Each day I discover something new though. My OneNote PowerApp folder is filling up quickly with screenshots and hints. Thanks again for the reply.

JimmyS
Level 8

Data.jpg

Super User
Super User

Hey @JimmyS

Well the @odata.type is especially for Lookup fields, well thats my understanding.

I only build PowerApps with SharePoint list mostly of the time, and I constantly use lookups and when I change that it works perfectly, I hope it works for you too now.

I'm not a pro in PowerApps but I really love to make them and help people out.

If you have any other problems just IM me or something Smiley Happy 

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

kevin3
Level: Power Up

I was getting this message with all of my combobox fields.  I erased the datasource name and waited a few minutes for the change to take effect and then wrote the name again.  I guess it resets the connection.  After this the orginal values appeard. 

Hope this helps. 

dhock
Level: Powered On

Hi,

I've experienced the same issue and it is easy to fix...temporarily. I've found that it randomly breaks and fixes itself from time to time. And the typical choice field formula ("Choices(datasource, field)") will also sometimes be flagged as an error. If you start backspacing from the end of the formula and then choose the field again from the dropdown, it will resolve. For the choice values to resolve in the dropdown, sometimes all I have to do is select the field in the studio app. But again, the problem might repeat itself a few days later. The studio app errors often don't affect anything except that they lead the designer to believe there might be a problem. The others are more problematic since all choice values then look the same to the user. I've noticed this especially with combo box controls added to a PowerApps screen and then set to use the values from SharePoint list fields, as opposed to those brought in by adding a SharePoint list form to the PowerApps screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 3,768 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: