cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLockwood
Level 8

Re: Wierd problem in Gallery

I have found that to have greater flexibility in my criteria against data in a sharepoint list I collect it into a local collection to start with then from their can apply the filters.  I can see this would have some limitations as the data could quickly get out of sync but so far this has been working.

Thanks,
Mike L.
Super User
Super User

@MikeLockwood @farsami 

If you can avoid the local collections...you are much better off.  There are some issues with keeping things "connected" properly that you will need to provide formulas to do throughout your App.

So, the reality is (as discussed in other posts about delegation), you really want your datasource to give you the results you need.  This is not possible with SharePoint for many reasons.  In fact, it's not possible with SQL either, but in SQL you can create views and functions that will assist with it...in SharePoint, you cannot.  BUT, you can take steps in "preparing" your SharePoint list for PowerApps so that you can take advantage of those things which CAN be delegted.  For date, this is quite simpe to do.

You might take a look at this recent post in which this exact subject was discussed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Super User
Super User

@MikeLockwood 

Yes, this should be used only when necessary.  Otherwise you will deal with the complexities of "syncing" your collection and the SharePoint all the time.  Plus, you lose the "real-time" aspect of things like Galleries and Tables and such.  You end up having to Patch/Update/Submit to both your Collection and the SharePoint, or take the penalty of "refreshing" your Collection.

Always a good idea to prep the datasource (SharePoint list in this case) as much as possible to get what you need with delegation.

Not always possible, but go that road first before applying collections everywhere. 

As always - Your mileage may vary.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
farsami
Level: Powered On

Thanks @RandyHayes and @MikeLockwood 

I also worked on that but the App works in a dynamic enviroment and needed to be connected to the database.

For Now I will create a Today list in SharePoint which will be updated through a Flow and use that for my App.

Thank you for your support

Have fun,

Faramarz

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 245 members 5,096 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: