cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clinton
Level: Powered On

Re: desktop studio performance

I am experiencing the same issue.

It is really fustrating! It really makes no sense that the online studio should be faster than the desktop Smiley Frustrated

clinton

Seems better now Smiley Happy

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff aorth
PowerApps Staff

Thank you for reporting the performance concerns with the desktop studio.  We are investigating the issue which appears to affect both desktop studio and IE web studio.  In the meanwhile, please use web studio which has had improved performance and we are working to improve parity.

Microsoft Employee

Also, thanks for bringing up the timeout issue! I've filed a bug on it so we can take a look.

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
AJGilbey

Any news on a resolution? Both the desktop and web versions are almost unusable! 

We are in the middle of significant PowerApp develpoment which has now stagnated. Are there any known working platforms?

bishoy

web studio & dekstop  is faster now but the desktop studio when i open the barcode screen the application is crashed and closed 

RS

Same here, relatively simple app with 1 gallery list and 1 form is so laggy in desktop editing that it's unusable. Web is marginally better but still so bad that I don't want to use it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

My original post on this was about a month ago.  I've been using the web studio exclusively since.

This morning I decided to try the desktop studio again - I lasted a total of about 5minutes, before shutting it down.

Not to be overly dramatic, but it really is unusable.

JRaasumaa
Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

My original post on this was about a month ago.  I've been using the web studio exclusively since.

This morning I decided to try the desktop studio again - I lasted a total of about 5minutes, before shutting it down.

Not to be overly dramatic, but it really is unusable.

Right there with you still. I actually go between both studio and web just to get the first few minutes of decent performance before it tanks. I use the Studio editor for moving around items on the screen as the web editing is so bugged it just doesn't work. Then I use the web editor for code writing when I have to move between many screens as it's quicker loading screens than the studio editor by far.

TimvZ

Same issue here on 27th jan 2018... must be a pretty big issue...

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 248 members 3,225 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: