cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandeepganju
Level: Powered On

filter records from sharepoint list having 5000 items and edit and save in sharepoint list

Hi,

i have a sharepoint list with 5000 items.

i have a powerapp to filter the record based on teh user().email and checking it with email given in record.

it is only working with first 500 records. 

This app will only be used on computers and not mobiles and so i was thinking of pulling all data into collection, editing so it gets modified on sharepoint list.

however need support to get details how to do this since i am new at power apps.

Thanks.

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: filter records from sharepoint list having 5000 items and edit and save in sharepoint list

Distinct is also not a delegable condition. You shouldn’t need it in your filter as you seem to be wanting to filter on an email and then trying to be distinct on that email that doesn’t seem necessary
5 REPLIES 5
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: filter records from sharepoint list having 5000 items and edit and save in sharepoint list

User().Email is not deleagble so that is why it is only looking at 500.  You can achieve your goal by putting the email into a variable first.  EG: Set(VarEmail,User().Email)

sandeepganju

thanks for the quick response.

i tried following.

Distinct(Filter('CaPM Assessment',Assessor_x0020_Email_x002d_1= Label2.Text ),Assessor_x0020_Email_x002d_1)

where label2 is User().Email

however it also gives limited success and i am not able to get all records

the other way which i tried is by using collection to get 4000 items using below code which i found in one of the discussion.

Concurrent(
ClearCollect(MDL_List1,Filter(ShowColumns(SortByColumns('CaPM Assessment',"ID",Ascending),"ID","Assessor_x0020_Email_x002d_1","CT","Market","Question","Question_x003a_Description","Feedback","Best_x0020_Practice","Improvement_x0020_Required","{Link}"),ID>0)),

ClearCollect(MDL_List2,Filter(ShowColumns(SortByColumns('CaPM Assessment',"ID",Descending),"ID","Assessor_x0020_Email_x002d_1","CT","Market","Question","Question_x003a_Description","Feedback","Best_x0020_Practice","Improvement_x0020_Required","{Link}"),ID>0))
);

ClearCollect(MDL_All,MDL_List1,Filter(MDL_List2, Not(ID in MDL_List1.ID)));Clear(MDL_List1);Clear(MDL_List2)

this is working in a sense that now i am able to get the records in collection, however still in a fix how to achieve end objective as to update/edit the sharepoint list ??

looking for your help... thanks.

leyburn19
Level 10

Distinct is also not a delegable condition. You shouldn’t need it in your filter as you seem to be wanting to filter on an email and then trying to be distinct on that email that doesn’t seem necessary
sandeepganju

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems now removing "distinct" and user.email it is working ..hopefully it should be working with 25 K lines 

leyburn19
Level 10

You also need to know that if you are using a gallery and using countrows,  it will only show an initial result of 100 and this changes as you scroll down the gallery.  Little annoying as you expect it to count all rows in the table.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 390 members 5,750 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: