cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlxr332
Level: Power Up

“ improved app rendering “ is actually not improved!!!

I tried several times to change my app to rendering mode, it gives user very bad experience!

The most important is ,under rendering mode, the app runs slow like hell! While classic mode is far more efficient than rendering mode!

Please don’t take classic mode away!

The app speed is the most important factor compare to some other fancy new function that rendering mode could bring us!

In between fast app and fancy functions app, I would definitely choose the first one , why not keep improving classic mode?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff miglisic
PowerApps Staff

Re: “ improved app rendering “ is actually not improved!!!

At the end of last week, we released a number of fixes to improved rendering issues. Please try re-publishing your apps with improved rendering and let us know what, if any, issues you still face.

We continue to focus on resolving these problems. Really appreciate everyone's help and patience with this!

6 REPLIES 6
Microsoft Employee

Hello @Qlxr332,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to assure you that the "classic rendering" mode will not be taking away until all the issues are resolved. We're constantly working on all the issues related to the "improved rendering" mode. With that being said, it would very helpfull for us to get more information about the issues you experience. A test application or the detailed steps on how to reproduce those problems would be very much appreciated.

Qlxr332
Level: Power Up

I do notice the bugs has been constantly fixed, thanks for that,
But the big concern is the speed, if turn on the rendering mode, it obviously slowdown the app, the loading speed, click button navigation speed, scrolling speed etc, it feels an old man! It is not microsecond, it is noticeable speed gap between two mode.
Microsoft Employee

Is this related to a specific application, specific functionality or specific control? What would be your recommendation for building a test application to reproduce the problem (certain controls, complex filtering, large data volume, many sources or else)?

Thank you.

PowerApps Staff miglisic
PowerApps Staff

At the end of last week, we released a number of fixes to improved rendering issues. Please try re-publishing your apps with improved rendering and let us know what, if any, issues you still face.

We continue to focus on resolving these problems. Really appreciate everyone's help and patience with this!

Qlxr
Level: Powered On

Thanks for attention and continued effort on improving rendering model.

I tested with my app , it is better now , but still could not catch up with classic model’s reaction speed, what I mean reaction speed is screen transaction time , when the screen has large on visable action, it take at least twice time compare to classic model.

To me ,APP speed is the key, so I will still stay in classic model until rendering model can be more efficient on rendering.
hjaf
Level: Powered On

@miglisic 
Good to hear that the improved rendering is still considered as a work in progress and that you are still working on fixes.

However, the warning in studio saying that improved rendering will be enforced at some point is very worrying. It is currently not possible to do testing (in production) on the improved rendering because the apps crash (restarts without any error) more or less all the time. "standard" rendering seems to be working just fine.

In short, improved rendering is basically unusable for our teams at this point, and it would be quite serious for us if these issues is not improved by the time developers decide to enforce it.  

Can you say anything about when and what conditions must be in place before the enforcement will take place? And if there is any way to retain the standard rendering if the issue is not resolved when the enforcement takes place?

We are currently running iOS 12.2 and currently using powerapps version 3.19053.21. 
(Standard browsers does not seem to have an issue with the Improved rendering.)

Edit:

Response to the issue can be found here

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 257 members 5,276 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: