cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cooltechie
Level: Powered On

people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Hi,

I have a People picker on the power apps form that is based on the SharePoint list. The form allows me to select multiple people but when I save, the values are not saved back to the people field that allows Multiple values.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cooltechie

Re: people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Thank you for solution. I realized that the list field was set to allow only single value. After I changed it to allow Mulitple values and refresh the data source, then, I was able to add multiple values and save it

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 8

Re: people picker with Multiple Values is not saving the values back to SharePoint list

Hi @cooltechie ,

Could you show more details with your issue? Are you using Canvas form or customize powerapps form in SP list?

I have made a test in canvas app, and the multiple values can be save back to People column.

you can go to check if you have checked the above option, also confirm if the Update property of DataCard was changed, it should be like: DataCardValue1.SelectedItems

Or you can put patch function to the OnChange property of Combo box to save back values.

Patch(SPList, ThisItem, {PeopleColumn: DataCardValue1.SelectedItems})

Best regards,

Sik

cooltechie

Thank you for solution. I realized that the list field was set to allow only single value. After I changed it to allow Mulitple values and refresh the data source, then, I was able to add multiple values and save it

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 389 members 4,909 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: