cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhrigu12
Level: Powered On

powerapps gallery view restriction

1.2.jpg

I have created an app where all user in organization fill some details and submit. This forms needs to be rated by certain departmental people like in my case Corp BE (2-3 ppl). How to create a gallery which can be viewed by only some people who will give ratings?? Can anyone help...!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: powerapps gallery view restriction

@BitLord69provided a good option.

The key is to find something that all trhe "corp" users have in common. For example, you may find that all the "corp" users are members of a certain gorup in which case you could use Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(id) for validation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft Employee

The easiest way would be to create a list of user emails that are allowed to provide ratings and store it on the server. Note that any user that runs the app is successfully authenticated (or he/she will not be able to launch it) so all you need to do is to extract the authenticated email, validate it against the stored list onthe server and set the Gallery visibility accordingly. The email of the authenticated user can be obtained via User().Email formula. To test this, add a label to the screen and set its Text property to User().Email

bhrigu12

Thanx for your reply...!!

Let me explain it more appropriately. I am making my app (let's say- MYAPP) in company environment (Note: I am not in IT system administrator). This app is shared with everyone in our company environment. Anyone from our company environment can fill up the form in powerapp with a sharepoint data source. 

Once the form is filled up, it has to be rated by people in a specific department (say CORP) of our company.

Your reply has given me one idea- To create 2nd app using the same data source and share it with the CORP people only (dis will restrict other users to view/modify). Once any form is filled, using microsoft flow it will notify the CORP people and they will visit the 2nd app and give the ratings which will be updated in sharepoint.

Is there any way of doing it in same app??

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

If you are using Active Directory you can use security groups to control who can see the extra rating control(s).

In this post I experiment with this: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-switch-the-view-as-InfoPath...

Good luck!

Microsoft Employee

@BitLord69provided a good option.

The key is to find something that all trhe "corp" users have in common. For example, you may find that all the "corp" users are members of a certain gorup in which case you could use Office365Groups.ListGroupMembers(id) for validation.

View solution in original post

bhrigu12

Thanx for the solution...!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 217 members 3,207 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: