I am new to power apps and i would like to create a popup message asking:
"Are you sure that are you want to submit this form?" Yes or No
how can i do this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @ANdreVT ,
Welcome to PowerApps. I also do this in all my apps.
Here is the simplest way I've found:
- Insert a Label Control (or HTMLtext Control) and stretch it across any Buttons the user could click
- Populate it with your text ("Are you sure?", etc.)
- To get real spiffy, use a Switch or If function to change the text depending on various scenarios in your application!
- Set its Fill Property to RGBA(255,255,255,.90) for that "See through" effect
- Set its Visible Property to varOverlay
- Trigger this variable by someone clicking "Cancel" or the the Back Arrow in your app
- Example: OnSelect of the "Cancel" button; Set(varOverlay, true)
- Add two buttons to the Overlay: "Cancel" (again) and "Yes"
- OnSelect of the "Yes" button, trigger all your dangerous logic
- OnSelect of the "Cancel" (again) button, Set(varOverlay, false)
Here is the harder way (but better for reuse):
- Create a Component so its reusable across apps!
Here's an article that explains how to make a Popup form for a mobile app.
Maybe the attached will illustrate better.
- Download the app below
- Go to web.powerapps.com
- Click Apps
- Click Import
- Select the downloaded app
Hi @ANdreVT ,
A label control that @seadude mentioned is a text control, it can show the message that you want to show to the users, so this could be the windows. Then you can make this text control only visible when user click on the submit button. This makes this label control a pop up windows.
Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.
Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Let's thank our top community contributors
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Coming to a city near you
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round