cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blue_lotus
Level: Powered On

saving multiple records in the cache

Hello,

I'm trying to build an app to save some data when I am offline.

Basically, I have no internet connection for the whole day, but I need to enter data and save the records, several time during the day, going in and out of the app.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to do it, because each time I enter a new record it seems like it overwrites the previous one in the cache.

So in the end I never managed to have a full list of "offline records". I always end up with only the last record.

I have looked at the different tutorials on internet but it seems like i am missing something but I don't know what.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
seadude
Level 10

Re: saving multiple records in the cache

Hi @blue_lotus. If you had some examples of the code you're using, it would be easier to assist. You might try watching Daniel Christians recent Offline Video for ideas.
Good luck!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @blue_lotus,

Could you please share more details about formula you used to save your data into your local device (save in cache) when your app is offline?

More details about creating a Offline capability app, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-offline-apps-with-new-powerapps-capabilities/

Please make sure you use LoadData function to load the cache data into an existing Collection (CurrentCollection) when you start your app.

When you want to submit your records, use Collect function to submit your records into this Collection (CurrentCollection), and then use SaveData function to store this Collection (CurrentCollection) into your local device (save in cache).

More details about SaveData function and LoadData function, please check the following article:

SaveData, LoadData function

Please also check and see if the following video would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIwbcCag9B4

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for post @blue_lotus and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. Could you review the two replies and advise if it helps solve your problem?

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 405 members 4,571 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: