cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkumar88
Level: Powered On

Re: unable to save and update using one button only. Please help me

@yashag2255,

1. I am using single data source to save all the content, but I have 4screens due tow whichever ypu are seeing four forms.
2. I haven’t submitted four forms individually before. Part of my request is to patch all four forms and submit content to dharepoint list. // this is for new record. And on the same button, if there a record already available on his name, then it should just update the existing one intead of creating new one.

3. I tried with your suggestion and it is returning results properly.
Super User
Super User

@rajkumar88 

I was in an impression that you are submitting the forms first and then trying to Patch this record. As you have unsubmitted forms, instead of using lastsubmit, you have to use updates to get the results from each form and perform a final update.

Please modify your expression as:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo) )),Patch(EmployeePerformance,Defaults(EmployeePerformance),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{
ManagerStatus:{Value:"Pending"}

}
);Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None),Patch(EmployeePerformance,LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo)),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{
ManagerStatus:{Value:"Pending"}

}
);Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None))

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

rajkumar88
Level: Powered On

@yashag2255,

thanks a lot Yash. Looks like it is working now. I will do couple of more tests and see how it goes.

scenario: trying to send an email from submit button by looking at created by user→ and sending it to manageremail

I am also trying to fix one more issue too. I tried to add flow attached to to submit button and it throws an error called "failed tor egister service". I created a flow with below stesp.

Steps in flow:

Powerapps
update item - sharepoint list // here I used ID as "Ask to powerapps".

send an email outlook - //send email to from Powerapps.

and then I tried to add on "onselect property" by selecting flow and then add. during that time it throws an error.

Note: I am using different account for flow creation and different account for powerapps. However I provide these ID's as owners to both the location.

Not sure why is is failing everytime I tyry to conect.

Super User
Super User

Hi @rajkumar88 

If the above reply resolved your query, please mark that as solution. However, for the next issue, can you please share a screenshot of your flow? It looks like the registering error is because of invalid data type to ask a variable. Currently powerapps only support String and Number to be passed as parameters. If you haven't already, create separate actions (Initialize Variable) and then get the ID and Email address as string, then use these variables throughout the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 3,513 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: