Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
blue_lotus
Level: Powered On

unknown error, insufficient memory

Dear community,

Whenever I run my app offline, i get "an unknown error occured" and also when i want to SaveData from a collection I get "there was insufficient memory to save your data; Please reduce the amount of data you are attempting to save",

when I actually am saving very little data.

I check that my phone has enough memory, I have tried to run it on other phones but I still encounter the same problem error messages.

Could anyone help me please?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: unknown error, insufficient memory

Hi @blue_lotus,

Could you please share a bit more about your SaveData formula within your app?

What size is the RAM within your Mobile device?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, I think you have faced a insufficient memory issue with your Mobile device.

Please take a try to clear cache of your PowerApps Mobile App via clicking "Clear Cache" option within your PowerApps Mobile App.

In addition, please take a try to filter your source data, and just cache necessary data into your mobile device using SaveData function, check if the issue is solved.

Also please take a try to run your app within a Mobile device which has larger RAM, e.g. 8 GB, or within a Tablet device (e.g. iPad) then check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Mobile device, then re-install it, run your app again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
blue_lotus
Level: Powered On

Re: unknown error, insufficient memory

the RAM is 4 GB, of which 1.4 GB is free.

I have cleared the cache of Power Apps.

My code is below. The collect function works. Because I can see the collection in a gallery. 

But the savedata does not. Thank you for your help

If(Connection.Connected,

If(Or(IsBlank(DataCardValue19),IsBlank(DataCardValue20),IsBlank(DataCardValue21),Value(Text(DataCardValue19))>30,Value(Text(DataCardValue19))<1,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))<60,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))>180,Value(Text(DataCardValue21))<60,Value(Text(DataCardValue20))>180),

UpdateContext({popup1:true}),

SubmitForm(Form2);Navigate(screen_welcome,ScreenTransition.None)),

Collect(offline_records,{c_date: DataCardValue18.SelectedDate,c_centre: Dropdown1.Selected.Value,c_bag: DataCardValue19.Text,c_sample1: DataCardValue20.Text,c_sample2: DataCardValue21.Text,c_sieved: ListBox1.Selected.Value});

SaveData(offline_records,"offline_records_local_storage");

Navigate(screen_welcome,Transition.None))

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 383 members 5,578 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: