cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

xxxxx.Run Failed: The method 'Run' has an invalid value by parameter 'Getitem_Id'

I have a flow called AxAccept.Run, it looks like this:

snip1.JPG

snip2.JPG

In Powerapps, i run the flow using:

If(DataCardValue64.Selected.Value="TBC",false,If(DataCardValue64.Selected.Value="No",AxReject.Run(Enquiries.Selected.ID),AxAccept.Run(Enquiries.Selected.ID)))

(In the editor i get a red squiggly line under AxAccept.Run(Enquiries.Selected.ID) only.)

I can run the flow without any problems directly in the flow website by entering a number which corresponds to the ID of an item in my sharepoint list.

However, when i try to run it in powerapps i get the error:

AxAccept.Run Failed: The method 'Run' has an invalid value by parameter 'Getitem_Id'

I have tested that "Enquiries.Selected.ID" is retreiving the ID number using a text box, and that appears to be fine.

This is driving me mad. I have tried deleting the flow and re-addinging it, and creating an entirely new flow, but I jut get the same message. Any ideas?

Thanks, James

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: xxxxx.Run Failed: The method 'Run' has an invalid value by parameter 'Getitem_Id'

Hi @Anonymous,

If your Flow's name is "AxAccept.Run", then the formula to run the flow from PowerApps should be:

'AxAccept.Run'.Run(Enquiries.Selected.ID)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
leyburn19
Level 10

Re: xxxxx.Run Failed: The method 'Run' has an invalid value by parameter 'Getitem_Id'

That error tells me it is a mismatch of property - Text versus number type of issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @leyburn19 and @v-monli-msft.

I don't know why, but the problem went away by itself after a day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Demo Extravaganza Championship Voting Open

Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 191 members 4,227 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: