Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

Can i integrate my PVA with Power Automate/Flow

Posted on by 7

Hey guys I created my chatbot but at the moment I don't admin rights.  However I do have access to Power Automate/Flow, is there a way to wrap my chatbot in a Flow and download it to Teams?

Thanks in advance!

Categories:
  • zafarshamsi Profile Picture
    zafarshamsi 46 on at
    Re: Can i integrate my PVA with Power Automate/Flow

@Russygrl Yes you can add it please share which type of flow you want to create. 

zafarshamsi 46 on at

Thanks we have done it

• nalinimehta Profile Picture
    nalinimehta 2 on at

@zafarshamsi 
    1) you can call power automate from Power virtual agent 
    please find the call an action -

nalinimehta0108_0-1693234260438.png

this flow can further have action of searching file in the location 
    2) you can connect with PVA bot to teams channel.

zafarshamsi 46 on at

Dear All Seniors,

please guide me how to call MS Power Automate in teams chat-bot, my files are on One-drive for business with unique numbers as form of alpha numeric how can user search this file through PVA. I wish or implement as user enter the unique file # the bot show file which is already in pdf format

Please guide me where I'm mistaking the scenario.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @Russygrl ,

No worries! 🙂

Did you try to implement your chatbot inside your Microsoft Teams?

If yes, ignore my question, I question just to confirm all the steps.

Regarding your questions, I understand that your need is to use your chatbot inside Microsoft Teams, right? 

If yes, you can deploy on the Demo Site and use this URL inside your Microsoft Teams like a tab, or sending to the users.

Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-connect-bot-to-web-channels

If you want to use Power Automate (Microsoft Flow), you can use inputs to sending parameters to your workflow to do something. But the idea to integrate with Power Automate is to automate processes, integrate with databases or to get some details on another platform.

If you want to use Power Apps, you just can deploy on Power Apps Portals, because Microsoft is working to allow us to deploy on the Power Apps canvas app.

Power Apps is to use as an app, create business apps, or something like that.

If you have more questions, please, let me know!

---
    If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
    Renato Romão
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

• Russygrl Profile Picture
    Russygrl 7 on at

Hey ther @renatoromao thank you for your reply, really appreciate it🥰 !  However I think I didn't make myself clear, I reread my question and it was choppy, sorry for that.  Currently, I don't have admin rights to Teams, so at the moment I can'r really apply the solution you provided regarding adding my bot there.  I'm hoping to speak to my manager and hopefully he can provide me that privilege. Secondly, with that being said.  I do however have access to Flow and Power Apps in my channel.  I was wondering if while I wait to get admin access, I can just use Flow or Power Apps ( i think PA would be better, not sure) to wrap my bot, then download the Flow/App in my Teams channel.  The instructions you provided, have me creating a flow right from the canvas, it just says create a node, does it matter where I create the node, at the start--at the end?  Then I have to create the trigger by choosing the PVA action--ok I get that.  But then it says I have to add inputs/outputs--this part I don't understand.  Why do I have to create inputs/outputs when my bot is already created?  Ok, sorry I know this is probably one of the longest replies in history but I'm new to this and trying to fill in the gaps, appreciate your help!! 💖

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @Russygrl ,

Yes, you can create an action calling your Power Automate/Flow, using this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

And you can deploy your chatbot using Microsoft Teams, follow this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams

---
    If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
    Renato Romão
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics