Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

How can I text information from a user bot interaction and provide them an email of the information (help desk ticket) without using a form?

Posted on by 39

How can I text information from a user bot interaction and provide them an email of the information (help desk ticket) without using a form? I can get the email to generate but I can’t get any of the variable details to be added. 

What I'm using currently .. with an automate email V2

Customer information:

{{variables('Global.Var5')}}

Problem explained.

{{variables('Global.Technologies')}}

---------------------------------------------

{{variables('Global.Var3')}}

Emergency Status: {{variables('Var4')}}

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    Wmscott Profile Picture
    Wmscott 39 on at
    Re: How can I text information from a user bot interaction and provide them an email of the information (help desk ticket) without using a form?

Ok… I figured this out… by mistake but now it works. You have to set the input definitions on the call flow then you can go back to your co-pilot action and you have to do a refresh which will populate the input option which doesn’t show up otherwise.  Now my only problem is I created the same action as a plugin thinking it would be easier to work with but I removed it from the build but its still linked to the co-pilot build and I can’t publish

• Wmscott Profile Picture
    Wmscott 39 on at
    Re: How can I text information from a user bot interaction and provide them an email of the information (help desk ticket) without using a form?

still getting error..... 

Error Message: The parameter with name ‘text_2’ on flow ‘Power Virtual Agents Flow Template’ (‘29bb6cef-b9d1-ee11-9079-000d3a119632’) is missing in the “Call Flow” action. Error Code: FlowActionBadRequest Conversation Id: 8642f2dd-5fe6-49d8-9723-05a230b142f4 Time (UTC): 2024-02-22T20:09:52.632Z

Wmscott_0-1708632802602.png

What I'm missing is the option to import the variables in the copilot build and then assume I have to do this under editing the flow. However I see no where to edit this information on the agent call flow. 

Wmscott_1-1708632941579.png

I am able to update the email with the correct input variables 

Wmscott_2-1708633002813.png

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Based on the screenshots you provided, it seems you are trying to directly reference copilot variables in your flow. That is not going to work. You will have to add input parameters to your flow and map those variables to your send email action. The documentation I shared provides all the guidance you would need.

Wmscott 39 on at

I found the information about the basic call a flow and import variables you are describing. However when I'm working with an email flow action I read I had to use V2 and I also had to use the variable strings listed in my email body that maps back to the topic customer response answer's. I need to know if this is something that can be done and I need to know what I'm missing to get the information to show up correctly in the email. If there is another way I would be willing to try but right now the action doesn't recognize the variable strings in the email body and just sends me it as real text and not the information requested. 

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

If you want your flow to receive parameters from the copilot, add input parameters to "When Power Virtual Agents Calls a Flow", and map values to those parameters from the Copilot Studio authoring canvas.

The overall idea and steps are described here:

Call a flow as an action - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Add input and output variables - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Wmscott 39 on at

Wmscott_4-1708120725632.pngWmscott_5-1708120784143.png

Wmscott 39 on at

Wmscott_0-1708120464240.png

Wmscott_1-1708120505408.png

Wmscott_2-1708120568636.png

Wmscott_3-1708120601152.png

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

A screen capture of the relevant topic would really help

Wmscott 39 on at

I looked at screen shots but that would have been upgraded... I figured an export would work since there is no credible information. 

Wmscott 39 on at

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics