cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Search file in sharePoint and reply with sharepoint link

Hi Guys, 

I'm struggling (newbee) at the moment figuring out how can I build the flow correctly. Here is the UseCase :

An user is having a problem with his password, he comes to PVA bot in Teams and says "how can i reset my password", the bot takes the user input and search in a specific folder then extract the file URL OR the content inside and reply " here are all the steps that you need". 

he will understand the user input as there is a topic that i've created and trained called "password assistance" 

Can you please tell me if its possible and if yes, how can i build this flow step by step. 

Thank you very much for your time !!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @Wyrol ,

Yes, sure!! 🙂

You can follow the two links below to do it:

Integrate the PVA topic with Power Automate: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

Search file in a SharePoint folder using Power Automate: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Search-SharePoint-Site-for-file/td-p/422329

Basically, you will combine the two articles to do it. You need to use the Power Automate to integrate with PVA, using the first and last action inside the Power Automate with PVA trigger/actions.

After, you need to search using the documentation above.

And to finish all items to the PVA chat, you can return using Markdown tables:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi @Wyrol ,

Yes, sure!! 🙂

You can follow the two links below to do it:

Integrate the PVA topic with Power Automate: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow

Search file in a SharePoint folder using Power Automate: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Search-SharePoint-Site-for-file/td-p/422329

Basically, you will combine the two articles to do it. You need to use the Power Automate to integrate with PVA, using the first and last action inside the Power Automate with PVA trigger/actions.

After, you need to search using the documentation above.

And to finish all items to the PVA chat, you can return using Markdown tables:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/approvals-markdown-support

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

@renatoromao  thank you so much for your reply. 

Indeed i aldreay tried this steps, but i'm struggling at the end when i have to select the return value for the user. 

Wyrol_0-1605272712519.png

so when i try to select from the dynamics content it says :

Wyrol_1-1605273330261.png

I think i miss one important step, i tried to set up the condition, but still doesnt work. 

Super User
Super User

Hi @Wyrol ,

Yes, you need to do more to return back to PVA chatbot because the Filter array shows a list of items.

Just follow the steps below:

- Create an action at the beginning of your workflow (after the trigger) called "Initialize variable" with String type

- Create an action after Filter array action, called "Append to string variable"

- Inside the Value, select the field that you want, like Link or Title

- Now, you can use the variable on your response to PVA instead of using SharePoint parameters

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

it finally worked !!! Thank you so muuuch !!!!

i have in my mind two questions : 

1. is it normal that the provided link is asking me to donwload before to open it? Is it maybe from the sharepoint file proprieties or its related to the flow? 

2. Can I do new flow where after the user input instead of the providing me a URL it will get me the answer from inside ?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Wyrol ,

Great!!! 🙂

1. It's a configuration inside the Power Automate with SharePoint Online dynamic contents. You need to try to get a relative path or something like that.

2. Do you want to show the data, text, and everything inside the document (content document)? No, you can show only the file properties (like columns inside the library).

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Helper I
Helper I

Hi @renatoromao !

I tried your manipulation to find a document in a Sharepoint library but it doesn't work.. Do you have documentation or procedure please ?

In fact, like Wyrol, i can download the document and open it. However, it's always the same document... Could you please help me to know how to configure the variable linked to the name of document to search ?

I think i have a problem with the step "Initialize variables", for example what should i enter in "Name" ?

Same... are there any PVA entries to be expected following the word typed by the user in PVA Bot ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help 😉

Have a nice day.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Virtual Agents Community Super Users!

Congratulations to our Season 1 2021 Super User Crew!

PVA Commnity Blog

NEW Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

View articles posted by fellow community members on the Power Virtual Agents Community Blog!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,158)