cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bartm71
Frequent Visitor

Use trigger phrase as flow input

Hi all,

Is it possible to put the used bot trigger phrase in a variable and send that as input variable to a flow ?

Currently i have a trigger phrase that calls the bot. The bot asks a question and the answer to the question is the flow input.

I'd like to skip the question step and just have several trigger phrases that are input to the flow.

Is this possible ? And if so, how ? 

thx
Bart

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bartm71
Frequent Visitor

Apparently this is not (yet) supported. Several idea items on this topic are available.

I now worked around it by creating several topics that point to the same flow, just with different input.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bartm71
Frequent Visitor

Apparently this is not (yet) supported. Several idea items on this topic are available.

I now worked around it by creating several topics that point to the same flow, just with different input.

peterswimm
Microsoft
Microsoft

That workaround is actually the way i'd recommend doing it. Another option is to have no triggers, and just use the fallback method as outlined in this QnAmaker tutorial:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/qnamaker/tutorials/integrate-with-power-vi...

yairgl

Hi,

Is this going to be solved in a better way?

peterswimm
Microsoft
Microsoft

We are looking into it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Power Virtual Agents News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Virtual Agents community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Power Virtual Agents Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,521)