cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeongQJ
Frequent Visitor

Why does Post adaptive card and wait for a response take two minutes to register a response?

Recently, the "Post adaptive card and wait for a response" is taking a lot longer than normal. It used to take only a few seconds, but is now taking almost two minutes, causing Power Virtual Agents to time out. This issue is affecting all of my flows, and the flow fails as the 'Return values to Power Virtual Agents' times out.

I am thinking it might be a rate limit, but I read through the documentations and it appears that most of the time I should be getting an exception if I exceed it, rather than being slowed down. There has only been 400 actions a day (way lower than 10,000 as specified here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config)

The weird thing is, if I resubmit the flow via the run history rather than triggering it from Power Virtual Agents, the response is registered in 5 seconds.

LeongQJ_0-1655612647595.png

17 REPLIES 17
rmc
Helper I
Helper I

@LeongQJ, I am experiencing exactly the same issue! did you resolve?

If you trigger the flow from within Power Virtual Agents 'Test bot' or click 'Resubmit' in the flow run, it works flawlessly. It's only when I trigger it from inside the app, it takes 100 seconds. I have met all the prerequisites in the link you have shared too. The advanced settings is as below. I have tried 'Yes' for label as notification without success.

LeongQJ_0-1655946796052.png

For additional information, the bot is created in a 'Team' under the Teams' license.

Given that it takes exactly 100 seconds, I am sure it is software-limited somewhere rather than being a slow network. I'm just trying to look for documentation for it to work around it.

LeongQJ
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately no, did you get a 100 second delay?

rmc
Helper I
Helper I

Did some more testing and getting average 85 sec delay. flow timesout and bot reports an error but flow continues to run.

scenario is employee lookup with first card allowing input by name or id. say user enters name and clicks submit, flow does lookup and if multiple results returns another card with radio button choice of all names, user makes choice and submits, then final card with employee details is returned immediately!

very strange behavior?!

LeongQJ
Frequent Visitor

hmm, odd. Can you check the individual card's response time? My flows run completely too regardless of the PVA bot error.

first card timeout after 89s

second card submit button responds in 5s

ALL the other actions/responses you mentioned before are same for me also.

this is very frustrating and major show stopper!

HenryJammes
Microsoft
Microsoft

Have you also logged a support request about this?

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

rmc
Helper I
Helper I

@HenryJammes Yes, thank you for link. Support request '2206240010001913' created successfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Canadian Cloud 2022 768x460.png

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop.

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,534)