cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmilB
Frequent Visitor

post on yammer with the user name from PVA

Hello, 

I managed to create a flow that allows the user chatting with my bot post/ask directly a question on Yammer if he/she doesnt find the answer in the bot, so the community can help. 

Everything works well, the only problem is that all the posts are created with my name, as if I'm publishing them. 

Is there any tips that will allow any user that talks with the bot to post on Yammer but instead of my name he / she will post with its own name. 

"Get my profile" connector is always getting my profile, "Get user profile" is always asking for the email of the user, but no way of getting it. 

Thanks a lot for help

Thanks a lot.  

8 REPLIES 8
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @EmilB ,

It's a great idea, but unfortunately, it's not available yet.

Microsoft already identifies this issue, all workflows inside the bot is running on the admin context.

Ideas (aka.ms)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave2/power-virtual-agents/planned-... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.650 students) : English | Português
nmk
Resolver I
Resolver I

How are you connecting to yammer? Can you not use a generic id to post the question and keep the user informed via notification (mention)? I am sure this is possible.

nmk
Resolver I
Resolver I
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @nmk ,

The unique way is to use Microsoft Graph (calling an HTTP request using Power Automate) but Yammer it's not possible to register a post using graph yet too.

Yammer activity reports - Microsoft Graph v1.0 | Microsoft Docs

I think that it's better to wait this month to use in the user context inside Power Automate, @EmilB .

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2020wave2/power-virtual-agents/run-conn...

(I will update this post when this feature make available)

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

EmilB
Frequent Visitor

@renatoromao , thanks for the reply, lets hope that soon we will have it. 

@nmk , that was my second option. I was thinking that if the user Emil is talking with the bot and he wants to ask the yammer community it will better it the creator of the post will be Emil (with his full name)  and not the bot name.

nmk
Resolver I
Resolver I

@renatoromao - What about using yammer api directly? 

https://developer.yammer.com/docs/messages-json-post

@EmilB - yes, as @renatoromao suggested, better wait to have the feature in the PVA but if you still like to play then try the yammer api with impersonation token and maybe you would get it working. I can't really try that as I don't have access to Yammer as an admin. 

renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @nmk ,

Maybe will work but the big problem is to pay a Power Automate license just to not wait some weeks.

When you use a Http request inside the Power Automate you’ll pay a premium license and also you need a technical knowledge.

@EmilB 

Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

yep, it's better to wait for the new feature release but I was just wanted to emphasise that there're limitless possibilities. 

As per my understanding, premium connectors can be used with PVA license.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PVA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Center-of-Excellence-Starter-Kit-cropped 768x460.png

The Total Economic Impact™ of Power Virtual Agents

Read this 2021 commissioned study, conducted by Forrester Consulting.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,533)