cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

20 Jan 2020: Change to Appointment entity breaking canvas apps with CDS connector?

Quick 'heads up'.

This morning, we are finding a number of Canvas Apps that reference the Appointment entity in several environments are failing with warning messages that attributes such as 

  • Appointment.description_safedescription
  • Appointment.modifiedby_modifiedbyyominame

cannot be found. It appears these fields may have been removed by MS in a recent update, and although we were not referencing them anywhere, the change has broken our Apps. 

Currently raising a ticket with MS for investigation.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: 20 Jan 2020: Change to Appointment entity breaking canvas apps with CDS connector?

Hi @PaulD1 ,

Do mean that these two fields in Appointment entity have been deleted?

  • Appointment.description_safedescription
  • Appointment.modifiedby_modifiedbyyominame

I didn't create an app based on this entity so I'm afraid I couldn't make a test for you.

I've reported this issue to our product team.

If there's any reply about this, I will leave message here.

Also, raising ticket is a good choice.

 

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Re: 20 Jan 2020: Change to Appointment entity breaking canvas apps with CDS connector?

Thanks @v-yutliu-msft 

The App is throwing errors that it cannot access the mentioned fields (also the yominamecreatedby).

We do not referenct those fields in the App and previously the App was working fine. All copies of the App on multiple environments started showing the same error on Monday morning.

Although the problem fields are listed in the documentation I cannot see them in the CDS interface (I don't know if they were showing before as they were not of interest).

I have found that turning on 'Explicit Column Selection' (and making some modifications to the App to ensure all the fields  we need are specified in label controls*) resolves the issue.

 

* I have been avoiding that option as the behaviour of 'Explicit Column Selection' was changed in November breaking multiple Apps we had in production - previously if you assigned a record to a variable and then referenced a field, that field/column would be included in the data set returned, in November this changed and you need to directly reference a field, say in a hidden label control, to be sure it will be returned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,971)