Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
StuartRidout
Level: Powered On

Access to custom entities in CDS

Hi,

CDS noob here.   I am looking to develop an app and want to store the tables in CDS but want to understand the feasibility of achieving what I am looking to do.

Let's say I have three entities

- Competencies

- Ratings

- Users

Each user rates themselves against the competencies and these are stored in Ratings.   This is obviously sensitive data so I want to control access to these.   I was planning on using a Canvas app so I can control what is exposed by filtering and searching.  

My concern is that users will be able to bypass the actual PowerApp and access the raw data in the CDS environment through the PowerApps portal.   Is there a way that I can prevent users from browsing through the raw data?  Failing that, can I give access to all Competencies but restrict what is visible in Users and Ratings?

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions
AccuFloDev

Re: Access to custom entities in CDS

Hey @@StuartRidou,

Based on the article here, users with basic access levels should only be able to view objects they own (which they do by default on anything they've created).  You may need to define custom security levels for your own custom entities but you can apply the same rules to them.

Essentially, unless the users have the applicable rights they should only be able to use apps and see data they've entered.  The article also contains a link to setting up custom security profiles.

All Replies
AccuFloDev

Re: Access to custom entities in CDS

Hey @@StuartRidou,

Based on the article here, users with basic access levels should only be able to view objects they own (which they do by default on anything they've created).  You may need to define custom security levels for your own custom entities but you can apply the same rules to them.

Essentially, unless the users have the applicable rights they should only be able to use apps and see data they've entered.  The article also contains a link to setting up custom security profiles.