cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AInglis Advocate II
Advocate II

Accessing CDS Optionset Labels in Excel Power Query

Hi All,

I am trying to access CDS data in Excel Power Query by using the Dynamics365 connector here.

I can retrieve my custom entity data, but I am having issues finding my fields optionset labels to link to the numeric values listed on my Entity records.

I can see an optionset table, however it will not load giving the following error.

DataSource.Error: OData: Request failed: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. (The 'RetrieveMultiple' method does not support entities of type 'optionset'.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=https://xxxxxxxxx.api.crm6.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/optionsets
Url=https://xxxxxxxx.api.crm6.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/optionsets

Can anyone point me in the right direction

I can see the optionset display labels when I use the CDS connector from PowerBI, however using PowerBI is not an option for this project initially.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Accessing CDS Optionset Labels in Excel Power Query

Hi,

This error is usually associated with people incorrectly sending data over from Power BI. There must be some kind of formatting issue that is not being accepted by PowerApps. I am not certain exactly what would be causing this. This might be a better question to bring to the Microsoft Support team, they can probably do better error tracking then I can. I'll include a link below;

If you would like to create a ticket with Microsoft Customer Support here is a link on how to do so: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DavidJennaway Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

AInglis Advocate II
Advocate II

@DavidJennaway  Thanks for your response.

Not sure if it's the API version i'm using, but my data source does not have a PickListMappingSet table as indicated in your linked article. There is a picklistmappings table however it contains no data.

For now I have hard coded in the Optionset id and label to tables in my excel model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,122)