cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Adding dataflows to Solutions

Would it be possible to add a dataflow to a solution, so that you could import and export your current dataflows to another environment?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Adding dataflows to Solutions

Hi @Ballzer0,

Yes you can add it via make.powerapps.com. Pick you environment from the environment selector (top right), --> Solutions, open/create your solution --> Add Existing form the command bar and pick Dataflows.

@s-roberts No, I haven't experience the Dataflows getting removed. Can you replicate this every time? You sure it wasn't removed by someone else?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@Ballzer0 

What is the kind of Data Flow?

It is supported to use the solution to transit flow across the environments, but there are some limitations about working with solution

1. Canvas app button triggered flows are currently not supported in solutions. Create the app and flow outside of a solution, and export the .msapp file to migrate canvas apps with an embedded button triggered flow

2. Flows created from solutions will not be displayed in the "Team Flows" list. They must be accessed through a solution.
3. Button triggered flows are not available in solutions.
4. Flows triggered from Microsoft 365 applications such as Excel are not available in solutions.
5. Flows that connect to SharePoint are not available in solutions.
6. Flows in solutions don't support delegated authentication. For example, access to a flow is not automatically granted based on having access to the SharePoint list the flow was created from.

For more reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/use-solution-explorer#known-lim... 

Sik

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

im not talking about power automate. im talking about "Dataflows" it was previously branded as "data integrations"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You can add Dataflows to a solution, then Export that solution between environments.

BUT i have had issues where the dataflow then is removed from the environment from which it was created. 

It effect it is a move, rather than export a copy of the flows. 

Has anyone had similar issues?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

I too have the same issue. Dataflows move and not create a new copy when imported in the target environment. 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Ballzer0,

Yes you can add it via make.powerapps.com. Pick you environment from the environment selector (top right), --> Solutions, open/create your solution --> Add Existing form the command bar and pick Dataflows.

@s-roberts No, I haven't experience the Dataflows getting removed. Can you replicate this every time? You sure it wasn't removed by someone else?

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,907)