cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AccuFloDev
Level: Powered On

App broken this AM - OwnerId column no longer loading into CDS for Apps Entities

Hello,

I have been developing an app over the past few weeks that seems to be continuously hampered by random issues from server-side changes.

Today, I'm attempting to load an app that was working as of last Thursday, but is now broken because a column I use to filter items with (OwnerId), no longer loads into my PowerApp entities! (Common Data Service for Apps Instance Version: 9.1.0.1087)

I am using the OwnerId column instead of the 'Created By' or 'Modified By' column to filter items that belong to a specific user (so that changes to an entity by another party don't make it invisible to the owner).

Is there any reason why this was removed? Is there something I can do to get it back?

4 REPLIES 4
AbeSaldana

Re: App broken this AM - OwnerId column no longer loading into CDS for Apps Entities

ownerId is a special lookup control in Dynamics 365 CE and is similar to Customer Control, the owner can be a user (Systemuser) or a Team record, the issue most of the time you need to validate that the ownerid is a user or a team and then update the records for import, making sure you have the user or the Team in your target organization.

This is a common issue when using complex controls, like owner and customers

hope this help you. 

Abe.

AccuFloDev

Re: App broken this AM - OwnerId column no longer loading into CDS for Apps Entities

Hey @AbeSaldana,

My issue is not that I don't understand the column, it's that it is no longer showing up as a selectable column on Entities.  It looks like something was changed on the experimental connector that removed it.

MichelGueli

Any update on this?

AccuFloDev

Hey @MichelGueli,

From my tests this issue appears to be occuring only for the CDS Experimental Connector feature.
And no, I have not received a response from Microsoft on this at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 46 members 3,935 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: