cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

App runs fine when pressing Alt keyboard but not when i press F5 to play it!

Hi Guys, 

I'm new to PowerApps as well as CDS

I'm currently working with CDS 

I have 2 Entities

1. Hotels 
    1. Connected this entity from an Azure SQL Server Table. 
  2. Workers Compensation
    1. Designed manually under Entities. 
    2. I have entered 1 record manually in the Workers Compensation Entity. 

In PowerApp Designer, I have 3 screen 1,2,3

1. Screen1 has the list of the hotels 
  2. Screen2 has ViewForm of workers comp record
  3. Screen3 has EditForm of workers comp record

In PowerApp Designer if I press Alt and navigate my way from Screen 1 to 3 the screens and the data looks fine (click links above to see the data) and the labels of the fields show up fine. 

However, when I press F5 to play it Screen 2 and 3 nothing really show up see links below 

1. Screen1 in Play mode
  2. Screen2 in Play mode
  3. Screen3 in Play mode 

What am I missing or doing wrong here?

Thank you all for your help 

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: App runs fine when pressing Alt keyboard but not when i press F5 to play it!

Hi @johnghannam ,

It seems you didn't set the Items property of two Forms. you need this property if your form is in EDIT and VIEW modes. (New mode doesn't need)

I find,  the Hotel name of workerscom is the lookup field which is related to Hotel entity, right?

If so, I would feel confused with your App. A hotel may relates to multiple workerscom. If we just click the hotel list, which workercom to view/edit?

So I think you should create another gallery to show all workerscom related to the selected hotel beside the hotel gallery:

--  Items property of workerscom gallery: Gallery_Hotels.Selected.WorkersCompensation

Then, Set WorkerscomGallery.Selected to Items property of EditForm and ViewForm, so that you can choose the workerscom and navigate to the form.

Best regards

Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: App runs fine when pressing Alt keyboard but not when i press F5 to play it!

Hi @johnghannam ,

It seems you didn't set the Items property of two Forms. you need this property if your form is in EDIT and VIEW modes. (New mode doesn't need)

I find,  the Hotel name of workerscom is the lookup field which is related to Hotel entity, right?

If so, I would feel confused with your App. A hotel may relates to multiple workerscom. If we just click the hotel list, which workercom to view/edit?

So I think you should create another gallery to show all workerscom related to the selected hotel beside the hotel gallery:

--  Items property of workerscom gallery: Gallery_Hotels.Selected.WorkersCompensation

Then, Set WorkerscomGallery.Selected to Items property of EditForm and ViewForm, so that you can choose the workerscom and navigate to the form.

Best regards

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,946)