cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mowafakgabal
Level: Powered On

Append collected approval data to a file

Is there a way to collect response received from an approval to one file.

I built a workflow with approval and I need to collect Approver Name, Response, Comments in a file.

I was able to save the collected data to a txt file, but everytime I run the flow, it overide the record.

How can I have it sequanced, go to the 2, 3 .. next emty line?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Append collected approval data to a file

Hi @mowafakgabal,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

If you want to collect response data from the Approver into a .txt file, when you update the txt file with a new response data (Approver Name, Response, Comments), the txt file would be overwrited.

You could consider take a try to collect the response data within a Excel file (whose data has been formatted as a table), I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:3.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Yahya
Level 10

Advising post your question in the relevant community like Flow. This is CDS related, you might get responses but experts are there 🙂

mowafakgabal

Thx, we'll do.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mowafakgabal,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

If you want to collect response data from the Approver into a .txt file, when you update the txt file with a new response data (Approver Name, Response, Comments), the txt file would be overwrited.

You could consider take a try to collect the response data within a Excel file (whose data has been formatted as a table), I have created a Excel table on my side, the data structure as below:3.JPG

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

5.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mowafakgabal

Thank you, ScottHearer https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/27596 have advised me with this solution and it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (4,734)