cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lars4
Level: Powered On

Are entities with "New CDS features"-switch limited to 10 lookups?

Hello all, 

I wanted to test the new features of the switch 'Relational data, option sets, and other new features for CDS'.

Described here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-cds-capabilities-for-canvas-apps-enter-preview/

Unfortunately, I get the attached error: "The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: Number of link entities in query exceeded maximum limit." in the item property of a form, where I have an easy filter in:

Filter(MyEntity, BusinessUnit = Label_MyBusinessUnit.Text

First of all, I want to say that the error message is not very helpful to get an idea of the cause, because such limits are not documented anywhere. 

I played a bit with the switch and found out, that the errors appears only when the switch is set to ON and the form has more then ten connected(!) fields/datacards with data type "Lookup". 

My question is if you plan to stay with this limit for that feature? At the moment, the feature is in preview and not forced on for existing apps but as mentioned in the blogpost you may do it in future. Will you consider that limit? 

Kind regards

Lars 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Are entities with "New CDS features"-switch limited to 10 lookups?

Hi @Lars4 ,

For such limitation issue, please try to add an idea in PowerApps Idea forum to ask if this limitation could be extended for future release:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Lars4
Level: Powered On

Re: Are entities with "New CDS features"-switch limited to 10 lookups?

Hi Mona, 

Thank you for your response. 

Maybe, I did a mistake when I claimed the limit in the headline. I think I got cheated by the refreshing and formular checker behavior of the PowerApps Studio. Smiley Wink 

Today, I have the opposed situation: Limited without activated switch (means error) and unlimited link entities with activated switch. (I saved, published, closed browser several times to be sure now) 

Can you confirm any limit for link entities or that such observation is related to the switch? 

By the way, when I activate the switch the formulars in e.g. the lookup fields of galleries get updated automatically. Is that planned? Greg asked for feedback in his blogpost, so: I do not like atuomatic changes of my code, because I cannot follow it. 

Kind regards 

Lars