cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Assigning Tags to CDS Entities (Group View)

I am using a personal/test PowerApps environment with a CDS database.  In the list of Entities there is a 'Tags' column alongside 'Entity' and 'Type', and the option to view the list grouped by them.  From setup, the Tags used are:

• Configuration
  • Custom
  • KB
  • Master
  • Productivity
  • Sales
  • Standard
  • System

Any entities I create are tagged 'Custom'.  I cannot find a way to assign different or additional Tags.  Is this possible?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Assigning Tags to CDS Entities (Group View)

timbrid, 

those are by default, the tags represent what application the entity is coming from, in some of the cases they represent that are Out of the Box Dynamics 365 CE, Financials or Operations, the Tag Custom is that you are creating a Custom Entity that is not part of any application core entities, then this is normal, you can't change that.

In a custom entity you will see that some fields are System, these are created automatically by the system, and other fields are custom, those are the new fields you are adding to your custom entity. 

Hope this helps!

abe.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,347)