cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TScholl
Level: Powered On

Authentication error when opening an entity in excel

Hi all,

I'm trying to open a CDS entity in excel, using the "open in excel" function. While the connection is being established the Microsoft PowerApps Office Add-in asks me to log in with my CDS User Account. I sign in, using the same credentials, I used for PowerApps logon. However - it's not working. I just get an error message back, saying "An error was encountered while attempting to authenticate". 

This happens in Edge and Chrome the same.

Any idea, what might cause the trouble?

Thank you

Thorsten

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Authentication error when opening an entity in excel

Hi @TScholl,

Did you mean that you can use the CDS normally in PowerApps site, but in excel, using the same account to access PowerApps Office Add-in got the error? 

What is the account that you used in Excel application? Can you try to change it to the same account that you use for PowerApps?

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TScholl

Hi @v-monli-msft

thank you Mona, for your kind response. Right, both accounts are the same. When trying to open an entity in excel, the excel application starts up. Usually the system would recognize me, but now I need to sign in. I enter the same credentials as in PowerApps and get the error even before I'm asked for a password.

I tried the same process with some other credentials in another environment (Office Trial and P2 Trial) which works fine.

Kind regards

Thorsten

TScholl

Hi @v-monli-msft

I just tried to open the data in CDS and came across another error message, that might be related to the problem. When click on "Data" in the related entity I get the following message 

The entity could not be fetched: Principal user (Id=123cf456-1ab2-c987-a12b4f-000d3a1ccf10, type=8, accessMode= 0, roleCount=2, privilegeCount=438, is missing prvReadmsdyn_solutioncomponentsummary privilege (Id=ff12d34b-1234-5c6c-b789-a123a45f0b0b.

Kind regards
Thorsten

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,156)