cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oangodd
Level: Powered On

Automatically Generated Field In CDS Causes Problems

I am doing a lab to try to learn PowerApps but I'm running into all kinds of problems. The instructions for this particular lab were written for PowerApps v1.0 but I'm using PowerApps v2.0 so some of the instructions could not be followed. The lab instructions said to create a custom entity in CDS and add fields to it. One of the fields that it said to create was called Price and it is of type Currency.

When the Price field was created, a field called Currency of Price was created automatically to hold the value and currency. Then the instructions said to select the Field Groups tab and pick the fields I've created earlier in the right hand pane in the order that I want them to show up on an Edit Form which I will add in a later step.

The problem is that after adding the Edit form I had to manually add data to these fields on the form since the Field Groups tab does not exist in PowerApps v2.0. Data for the Currency of Price field, according to the lab, will show up in a dropdownlist box on the Edit form by default if the Field Groups tab was selected. Also I should be able to see USD as the default currency value but I didn't see anything. All attempts to give the Currency of Price dropdown list box a default value failed.

Please suggest a way to solve this issue, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Automatically Generated Fields In CDS Causes Problems

Adding @bsimons and @GregLi to assist.

Also - can you point to me where you're access the lab so we can make sure it's updated? Thanks!

Thanks,
Clay.
oangodd

Re: Automatically Generated Field In CDS Causes Problems

Hi the lab was from the link below:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/microsoft-powerapps-learning-resources/

It is from the section titled "I am NEW, help me get started" step by steb lab (3 hours)

oangodd

Re: Automatically Generated Fields In CDS Causes Problems

I tried to follow part 1 through part 3 of the lab but was not able to because there are many things that are available in PowerApps V1 that are not present in PowerApps v2. Can you please let me know when the lab is updated, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 331 members 6,634 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: