cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VFXPro1
Level 8

Re: Best alternative to CDS for small app

Having CDS 2.0 licensed per user at $40 is really high compared to many DB solutions.  With Plan 1 at $7, it made more sense.  Perhaps, they need to offer it like Power Bi plan that is not tied to users but capacity (ie $XXX per month).

Macro101
Level: Powered On

Wait, wait, wait...

You just blew my mind here @Anonymous. This is just earth shattering to me!

What do you mean that the basic PowerApps plan that comes with Enterprise license comes with a free SQL Server connector?

And here I was thinking that the free PowerApp could only connect with Office365 data!

This is amazing! And so much better for my clients! It is even cheaper than I thought!

If you had stopped there, you had already made my weekend!

But no, you had to go further. You mentioned you were only spending $6.68/month on Azure SQL?

How is that possible?

Then I researched a bit based on your figures and found it! And I thought I had to pay a minimum of $700.00/month!

I cannot thank you enough for this post.

In my book your status has just been elevated to "Legendary"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Macro101

Yes on basic PowerApps plan for Enterprise you can connect to SQL Server. No need for Plan 1 or Plan2.

The $7/month for Azure database is just for the one database instance with basic plan (not the server).

My organization uses a lot of Azure Services so price per individual items becomes cheaper.

If you need to setup a whole Azure Services for your organization to get Database and Server it will be more expensive, not sure how much exactly, but I do not think it would go as high as $700/month for one server and database (all you need for PowerApps).

Charlesk

Did you end up going with Azure SQL for the nappy database?

I'm also looking to setup a basic database from scratch, for a small business of 20 staff, somewhat similar to what you've got.  4 tables etc.  So by the sounds of it seems like Azure SQL might be the way to go?  Pricing seems really confusing, so I have no idea what the cost is going to be on it though...

goobernoodles

Start with the standard 5DTU database.  It's about $5/mo. 

Don't create a 2nd databse on that instance, though or it will default to a 50DTU database.  Smiley Wink

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/sql-database/single/

Highlighted
jesenavaranjan

is this still true about delegation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 206 members 6,402 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: