cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Best ways to deal with Images in Powerapps

Hi Mates, How to load images in to gallery, i can load text and numbers but can not load images, thow images are avalible in datasource(in excel)

DataSource Columns : Title|FirstName|LastName|Image etc fields in excel.

i can load all, except image field, mean photo is not displaying in gallery image property even i tried setting with field name like (Thisitem.image).

if i click on Add an images file its displaying same image to all the rows, this is not correct.

1.PNG2.PNG

Can you help me how to deal images in powerapps.

Users will upload in to datasource(SQL orMySQL)in future so we have to refer that images in to galley. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Best ways to deal with Images in Powerapps

Hi @kmk ,

Could you please share a bit more the image data stored in your Excel? Is it a URL Link or a Binary data?

Have you named your Image type column as "Image [image]" rather than "Image" within your Excel table?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The Screenshot as below:

5.JPG

The data structure of my Excel table as below:

4.JPG

If you want to add a column in your Excel table to store the image data, please name it as below:

ColumnName [image]

please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-images-pictures-audio-video

On your side, please make sure you have set up a proper image type column in your Excel table to store the image data.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

I think this is what i did mistake then

yes i just changed image column with Image[image],

and referred the same column like ThisItem.'Image[image]', but still i can not see out put.

12.PNGimage1.PNG

"On your side, please make sure you have set up a proper image type column in your Excel table to store the image data"

what you mean by proper image type ... can you explain more...

that URL links are from Sharepoint. as you said i changed Image[image],  not working 

any help please.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmk ,

There is something wrong with your column Name, you should rename it as:

Image [image]

Note: There is a space between the Column Name (Image) and [image] tag. 

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft 

there is no space, it is displaying like that. any how this is not actually requirement 

but in-fact i have to load SQL table images in to gallery,

Can you please do a sample POC if possible, any steps would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kmk ,

Which type column do you use to store the image data? varbinary(max) type column or varchar(max)?

Firstly, the important thing you need to know is that any media file (Word, Excel, Image, PDF, .....) is essentially made up of binary data. The binary data may looks like below:

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/4QCARXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAFABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAASgAAABsBBQABA.....

So if you want to store such image binary data in your SQL Table, you could consider add varbinary(max) type column in your SQL Table to store these binary data. Then within canvas app, you could reference this binary data to display image directly through the Image control.

If you want to upload image data from your canvas app into your SQL Table, then you could display the stored image data in your canvas app again, I think the varchar(max) type column could achieve your needs.

Please check and see if the following video resource would help in your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnDD7jleHME

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,299)