cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoLotscherNC
Level: Powered On

CDM Overview for PowerApps CDS

Hello

Initially, I thought, that the whole CDM would be available through the CDS of PowerApps. Now I noticed, that only about 80 entities of probably several hundreds are accessible.

But anyway, I would be highly interested in getting a complete overview of all these entities. Preferably an ERM (entity relationship model).

Or is there any other information about theses entities available in PowerApps? Why were exactly those selected?

Should they cover some certain topics PowerApps is ideally used for?

Why are entities like opportunities, quotes, products missing? Does that mean, if I want to start small (without Dynamics CRM), I have to create cutom entities and migrate them in the future to Dynamics standard entities from CDM? If so, I think I did not really get the point of sense of the CDM in PowerApps.

Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks :-)

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDM Overview for PowerApps CDS

Hi @MarcoLotscherNC ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to get the whole CDM (all Entities) within your CDS in PowerApps?

Actually, the Entities you could access within CDS in PowerApps is based on PowerApps license you owned. App makers can use most of the entities available within Common Data Service (including custom entities and entities that are part of the Common Data Model) to create apps and flows for users who have a PowerApps Plan 1 or Microsoft Flow Plan 1 license.

But if you want to access Entities with complex business logic, you must own PowerApps Plan 2 or Microsoft Plan 2 license. In addition, if you want to access some Restricted Entities (e.g. Case Entity, Project Task Entity, etc), you must own corresponding Dynamics 365 licenses.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-entity-licenses

Currently, within PowerApps, you may not access the whole CDM (all entities) in CDS of PowerApps. If you want to access all Entities (the Whole CDM), please consider submit an assisted support ticket for help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MarcoLotscherNC
Level: Powered On

Re: CDM Overview for PowerApps CDS

Hi Kris

Thank you for your explanation.

I asked this question because I want to get the foundational knowledge for future projects.

Currently, I'm evaluating a solution, where we want to create a lot of entities in cdm. And of course, we would like to reuse existing entities whenever possible. I assume this could ease life in the future, if we decide to migrate to another product like dynamics "customer engagement"or fo" or whatever will be available then.

Currently, I feel a bit overwhelmed with all this.

For example: We have an entity for articles and another entity for related vendors of this article.

Now, I want to make sure, that all users (they only have PowerApps Plan 1 licenses) can use a canvas app relying on those two entities. What entities should I use? "Account" for the vendors? Or a custom entity like "Organization"? For the entity "article", I assume there's no appropriate entity available, though I should create a custom one. Right?