cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bitboy
Level: Power Up

CDS 2.0 connector doesn't work for a Dynamics 365 CE instance.

Hopefully someone can straight up my PowerApps connectors understanding. Apparently, I have 3 connection options.

* Common data service - this connection type only allows me to connect to CDS 1.0 databases, but I want to connect to an existing D365 v9 instance.
* Common data service (experimental) - this connection type asked me for a D365 v9 instance ID, but everything is grey out after the step, i.e. it didn't show me any entity after connecting successfully.
* D365 data source - this one works but I was told MS has stopped working on this connector. Also, I will have to update the connection after deployment to a different environment manually.

What is the best practice if I want to use a CDS connector? Or I will stuck with the old D365 connector for now?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS 2.0 connector doesn't work for a Dynamics 365 CE instance.

The Official document regarding those connectors didn't contain any helpful information for the aspects you mentioned.

Common Data Service (experimental)

Common Data Service

Dyanmics 365

Maybe Staff @CWesener could share more information under this topic.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff bsimons
PowerApps Staff

Re: CDS 2.0 connector doesn't work for a Dynamics 365 CE instance.

Hello - 

If you are within a PowerApps environment that has an xRM/Dynamics 365 V9.0 database then the connector you see titled "Common Data Service" will work.  The database version in the environment will determine which version of the connector that gets displayed.  

Hope this helps!

-Brandon

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 311 members 6,061 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: