Did you mean: 
Cym Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: CDS 2 choices field - toggle instead of dropdown datacard

Thanks so much for clarifying - i'll try it out and let you know 🙂

Cym Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi again @v-xida-msft I've tried that formula in the Update section. I am no longer getting an error, which is great! (not quite sure if it works yet), but now i am confused about the code you have recommended in the Default part of the Toggle itself.  I'm not quite sure what that will do, and also, my Powerapps doesn't seem to like the formula as you can see below.  Any thoughts?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cym ,

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, I found that you have a mistake with your operation. You should add the Toggle control within the T5 Electricity field data card rather than outside the T5 Electricity field data card in your Edit form.

5.JPG

Note: Please consider remove the Toggle control from your Edit form, then select the T5 Electricity field data card, then click "Insert"-> "Toggle" control, make sure the Toggle control is added within the T5 Electricity field data card rather than outside.

The ThisItem operator only works when you add the Toggle control within the T5 Electricity field data card. The formula I provided above within the Default property of the Toggle control is used to display proper Toggle status when you edit an existing record. If you do not apply the formula I provided above within the Default property of the Toggle control, the Toggle control would remain same default status regardless of whether or not you add or edit an record.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cym Advocate II
Advocate II

You legend @v-xida-msft !  It works!  Thankyou!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (5,250)