cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilasCyro
Level: Powered On

CDS AND ENTITY GET DATA EXCEL

Hi Power Apps Team,

I am using the Get Data Excel option in an entity I have just created. I am getting an error "The file could not be uploaded for Prospects: failed to upload" (see screen shot below).

Prospects is the name of the entity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yahya
Level 10

Re: CDS AND ENTITY GET DATA EXCEL

Hi @SilasCyro, I have a better option for importing data to CDS entities, and it makes more sence since your raw data is in Excel. 

Open the Entity in Excel, (which initiates CDS add in for Excel) copy your data to this file, then hit publish.

3 REPLIES 3
Yahya
Level 10

Hi @SilasCyro, I have a better option for importing data to CDS entities, and it makes more sence since your raw data is in Excel. 

Open the Entity in Excel, (which initiates CDS add in for Excel) copy your data to this file, then hit publish.

SilasCyro
Level: Powered On

@Yahya,

Thanks so much for the assistance, this had really eaten my mind alot.

Regards,

Silas

Highlighted
Yahya
Level 10

Hi again, I am glad being of help.

Note that this perfectly work for a dependent (not relational entities).. Note also that there might be limitation on number of records to publish at once, i don't tend to publish more than 1000 lines per time.

But speaking about relational entities, it is funny how i handle, assume i have CountryEntity and SupplierEntity where in in SupplierEntitiy there is the lookup column SupplierCountry.

In fact, I add temporarily another TEXT column to SupplierEntitiy I call CountryText, then add my data (in Excel) in this column, then adding few slices in excel to better filter, i then fill in the LOOKUP SupplierCountry Columns (Columns because they are 2!) then clear filter, publish, then delete the temporary column Smiley Happy