cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_K_S
Level: Power Up

CDS - Create database error

Apparently my organization did not allow sign up for the PowerApps, however, I was able to use the PowerApp community to sign up and created a personal enviroment, however, when I try to create the database, it gives me an error asking me to sign up for the trial then try creating the database again. Is there a work around, since I have a training schedule for next week for the power app and creating the database is a prerequesite. 

4 REPLIES 4
Yahya
Level 10

Re: CDS - Create database error

The PowerApps community (personal) plan will give you a CDS database that cannot be put in production but is good to use for learning etc.

creating a CDS 1.0 personal databse has been seamless. CDS 1.0 has been upgraded to CDS 2.0 back in spring, early May. Since then, my personal experience was that i was not able to create a personal database under community plan, only until few days ago!

If this is not available to you it might that it is being rolled out, wait few more days for your tenant. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @J_K_S,

Have you purchased a PowerApps license for your PowerApps account (your current sign in account)?

If you want to create a CDS database within PowerApps environment, you must meet the following Prerequisites:

1. You must be an administrator in the selected environment. In other words, your account must be assigned as a Environment Admin role.
2. Your account must be assigned to appropriate license. Currently, your account must be assigned to PowerApps Plan 2 license at least.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to sign up for a free PowerApps Plan 2 trial within PowerApps, then you could create CDS database within PowerApps environment (Note: Your account must have been assigned as a Environment Admin role of current environment).

More details about creating CDS database within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/administrator/create-environment

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
J_K_S

I signed up for the comunity trial version at this point, since our organization is still exploring the capabilities of PowerApps. That allowed me to create a Trial enviroment, but when I go to create the database, it just won't let me. If I look at the plans, I have PowerApps Community Plan, PowerApps for Office 365 and PowerApps Plan 2 Trial, so not exactly sure what I am missing.

mswenson

hello, i am having this exact same issue today for the exact same reason (attending a training tomorrow). were you able to find a way? i can not use my org account at all and create my own trial o365 instance but would prefer to keep the community environment that is now attached to my org account. this error is keepin me from moving forward...