Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

CDS (Current Environment) Connector and Power Apps in Solutions

Hello,

I'm trying to execute a Power Apps triggered Flow that uses the CDS (Current Environment) connector from a button in Power Apps, but when adding the Flow to the OnSelect action of the button, the following error is returned:

PowerApps Failed during http send request.png 

If the CDS (Current Environment) connector is removed from the Flow, it is added successfully to the button.

Both the app and the Flow are in the same solution.  Can you please confirm that this is a supported configuration.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: CDS (Current Environment) Connector and Power Apps in Solutions

Hi @peter_c ,

I was trying to do this last year and found that it was not possible. I created an Idea at the link below.  Please vote to get the Microsoft product team to add support for this feature

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Trigger-Flow-from-a-Power-App-within-a-solu...

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hi @peter_c ,

I was trying to do this last year and found that it was not possible. I created an Idea at the link below.  Please vote to get the Microsoft product team to add support for this feature

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Trigger-Flow-from-a-Power-App-within-a-solu...

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @HSheild.

It looks like the scenario is slightly different now - I was able to call a Power Apps triggered Flow from a canvas app in a solution, however, as soon as you use the CDS (current environment) connector, the registration in the app would fail.

Highlighted

Hey @peter_c ,

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I found a kind of workaround, but I'm really hoping this gets fixed.

You can get it to work if you do it like this:

- Create flow without the CDS (current environment) action (I used the normal CDS one)

- Add flow to the canvas app where you want it. Save & publish app.

- Modify flow by adding the CDS (current environment) action. Save it.

Now when you run or edit the canvas app it works for me. But I can't readd the flow, so any changes there break this or I have to do the same steps again. Also this does not play well with managed solutions since they tend to break flow - app connections and you can't readd the flow without editing it.

So yeah, I'm really hoping somebody has a better solution or fix for this!

Cheers,

Mats

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @matzzt,

I'm happy to say that they are working on a fix for this but we're still waiting on a confirmed ETA, so stay tuned.

Cheers,

Peter

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi,

Do you know if this has been resolved. I have exactly the same issue?

Regards,

Chris

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

We've been told that the fix is being tested internally but an official ETA is yet to be confirmed.

Cheers,

Peter

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@HSheild , @matzzt  and @Barber_Chris .  It looks like the fix for this has now rolled out (at least to the Australia region). 

Another nice bonus is that the CDS (Current Environment) connector now appears to be available to Flows outside of a solution.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,578)