cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

CDS Data Flow Relationships

Hi All,

I am using an ERP  that has a SQL database.  I have created 2 flows (one for orders, and one for the bill of materials for those orders) into CDS from SQL views.  Each dataflow has the same JOBID field.  I setup a relationship (one to many)  between the 2 entities, but it doesn't seem to connect the entities  in the app.  I want to eliminate a lookup formulas in my app. 

My end goal is to pull information into CDS from SQL, add reference data that wasn't supported in the ERP, and add app user data to the records. If there is a better way, please let me know.  Thanks, Chene

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: CDS Data Flow Relationships

Hi @remarcc 

You need to create an alternate key on your entity that is on the one side of the one to many relationship.  You then can use that key in the data mapping of the entity that is on the many side of the relationship.

For example, I have a Building entity and a Building Visit entity in a one to many relationship.  The Building entity has a alternate key field defined called Building Number.  I then use this to map the Building Visits' relationship to the Building in the data flow.

Annotation 2020-04-10 070519.png

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,117)