cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hilko
Level: Powered On

CDS Export to Data Lake issue

For some reason my custom made entities do not show up in the list of entities when I want to export them to my data lake. This new feature under preview is very promising, but I see only the CDM entities to export... Is it me or are others experiencing the same...?

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: CDS Export to Data Lake issue

Hi @Hilko ,

Can you share more details with your scenario?

Do you mean you cannot find any custom entities in the list?

As the Key feature shown  it does support for replicating standard and custom entities. reference: Exporting CDS data to Azure Data Lake 

So could you share more information for us to help you better.

Best regards,

Sik

Hilko
Level: Powered On

Re: CDS Export to Data Lake issue

Hi Sik,

Thanks for the quick response. What I did was the following:

• Using a PowerApps Developer Community environment (with organizational AAD account) I created a new production environment including a CDS database using a plan 2 trial license...
  • I selected 'Get data' under the Entities and uploaded a simple csv file SalesLTCustomer data from an MS example db and created a custom Entity out of it
  • This worked fine and it is visible next to all the Standard entities
  • Next I went to 'Export to data lake (preview)' and selected 'New link to data lake'
  • Filled in my Azure Sponsored subscription details and selected the ADLS2 with Hierarchical name spacing that I created for this
  • This also worked fine, but when I click on 'Manage entities' this newly created custom entity is not in the list, only all the standard entities, that came with creating the CDS database...

Is it maybe the environment, maybe it is the sponsored Azure subscription... I seem to follow all the steps according to the book...

Hope this explains a bit better for you understand where this might have gone wrong...

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,

Hilko

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,892)