cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AccuFloDev
Level: Powered On

CDS For apps - Entity always throws errors when using Filter, Lookup, or using as source for Gallery

Hello,

I'm in the process of updating a previously functional app to one of the latest features released in the last couple months, specifically the Preview Feature "Relational data, option sets, and other new features for CDS" to make use of the new Relate() function.

It's mostly been going ok, but with one specific Entity Type, I'm getting an error anytime I attempt to bind the source to a Gallery, or perform a Lookup or Filter on it.   

When I do this, I get the error:  "The requested operation is invalid.  Server Response: The "cra68_AFHazardAssessment" navigation property can't be expanded.  Multiple levels of expansion aren't supported."

Error.jpg

The column in question is a lookup column to another record, which exists in many of my entities, but I am not seeing this error when adding those entity types as a gallery source.   As you can see from the screenshot, I am also not attempting to expand the navigation property at all, let alone to multiple levels.

This is a big deal as I need to get this app patched up quickly for an upcoming release, and I believe this issue is on the CDS end of things.   Has anyone seen this issue before and/or know how to resolve it?

4 REPLIES 4
hemantkumar

Re: CDS For apps - Entity always throws errors when using Filter, Lookup, or using as source for Gallery

Even I am facing the similar issue.

Re: CDS For apps - Entity always throws errors when using Filter, Lookup, or using as source for Gallery

I have the same issue. @hemantkumar @AccuFloDev have you resolved it?

hemantkumar

@Mike_Guzowski  I recreated the field after that it solved the error.

Regards
Hemant

@hemantkumar thanks a lot! I removed relation (which removes field as well) and that works for me.
Protip: Remember just to save entity after each atomic change.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 152 members 4,526 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: