cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft Employee

Re: CDS OData integration. Invalid credentials

The fix for invalid OData Basic/Windows connections should be fixed. Please let us know if you encounter more issues.

Thanks.

Thanks,
Alejandro
romber
Level: Powered On

Hi @alopezlago ,

now when I try to create a data integration project for OData I'm not able to select Basic Authentication. Only two option I have got there are "Anonymous" and "Organizational Account". So basicaly I'm still not able to connect to OData through Basic Authentification. Could you please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. Thank you.

PowerApps_OData_integration.PNG

agemlex

I can't connect to Basic through on premise gateway with same error 500. Where am I wrong?

test-connection.png

Microsoft Employee

@romber Basic authentication for Web and OData is only supported when using an on-premise data gateway due to technical limitations with the connection in PowerApps. 

@agemlex This error looks unrelated to credentials not working with OData. When does this error occur? Could you give us the session ID when this happens (which can be access from the Options dialog, accessible from the ribbon)?

Thanks.

Thanks,
Alejandro
romber

Hi @alopezlago 

thanks for the info. But could you also explain me at least roughly why do I need on-premise data gateway? When I'm trying to consume this OData feed in PowerBi I don't need any on-premise data gateway.

Will be there in a future option to authenticate through the Basic authentification?

Thanks,

Roman

agemlex

I don't know, where can I get a session ID? This error accure when I push to test my custom connector.

Maybe we are will make Skype call? Or I can do for you l2tp connection to our test system? My GMT+6 work time from 8-30 till 17-40. Or give me an instruction for get session ID.

Microsoft Employee

@romber This is a technical limitation with the Connections in PowerApps. A connection can only support one authentication kind when used without a gateway. There's a trick we use to support both Anonymous and Organizational/Microsoft accounts, but that trick doesn't work for Basic. Power BI uses a different connection model which doesn't have this limitation.

I'm not aware of any plans to support Basic outside of the on-premise data gateway at this time. Sorry. 

Thanks,
Alejandro
Microsoft Employee

@agemlex In which screen did the error occur? It looks like you were able to successfully load the data from OData into CDS. My expertise is only in that (data integration) area, so if the error is occurring on another component I won't be of much help, but I can help track down somebody who is more familiar with the area (where the error is now occurring).

Thanks.

Thanks,
Alejandro
Microsoft Employee

@agemlex Is there a "product" field in your data that is ever null or empty? That is the likely cause of your error message.

Thanks.

Thanks,
Alejandro
agemlex

@alopezlago, thank you for your replies!

In attachment screenshots. This is what I do&see.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 4,075 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: