Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

CDS Relationships not showing in Power BI

Hi,

I created a few custom data entities in my CDS from a SQL Database. It is the Northwind sample database. In CDS I created a few custom relationships between entities, like between 'Order Details' and 'Product'. It is a one-to-many relationship (see attachment).

When creating a Power BI file of the CDS, this relationship does not come through into my Power BI file... Some other relationships do, but several of the custom ones don't. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Hilko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Re: CDS Relationships not showing in Power BI

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Hilko 

I have no experience with BI but did you use the Northwind Traders database that can be downloaded and instantiated in CDS?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/northwind-install .  That one already has the relationships defined correctly.

Highlighted
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Hilko,

If you open the solution in classic interface, by clicking the "Switch to Classic" button. Open the respective relationship and check the "Searchable" property is set to "yes".

2020-05-10_11-37-33.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,680)