cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VFXPro1
Level 8

CDS Technical Limits?

I've been searching the web and cannot find any official information about CDS technical limits such as maximum number of rows, entities, fields per entities, maxium of lookup columns, etc...

I have potential entities with millions of rows that won't even open in Excel... being cautious before I fully embrance CDS.

Any tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SrikumarNair
Level: Powered On

Re: CDS Technical Limits?

1. For CDS platform, there is no hard limit on the number of rows/records. Practically, you are just limited by the database size and storage that you are entitled to or you may have bought. 

2. For GetData from PowerQuery with CSV file, I will let  @millopis to confirm if there are any hard limits that would restrict you.

Thanks,

_Sri

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SrikumarNair

Hello, 

As a general reference, you can use this post: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37177.dynamics-365-online-limitations.as...  for looking into limits of the CDS2.0 platform. 

However, I suspect that you are running into excel limits. The row limit for excel is 1,048,576. 

You can get more details here :https://support.office.com/en-us/article/excel-specifications-and-limits-1672b34d-7043-467e-8e27-269...

Thanks, 

Sri

VFXPro1
Level 8

Thanks for the links but they don't answer the questions I have... 

1. What is the maximum number of rows/records in an entity? I have CSV files greater than 1M.
  2. If Excel caps at ~1M, I can't use "Get Data from Excel.  Will the "Get Data" from PowerQuery also choke wprocessing a CSV file with more than 1M rows?

Thanks for helping with my solution planning...

Ben

SrikumarNair

1. For CDS platform, there is no hard limit on the number of rows/records. Practically, you are just limited by the database size and storage that you are entitled to or you may have bought. 

2. For GetData from PowerQuery with CSV file, I will let  @millopis to confirm if there are any hard limits that would restrict you.

Thanks,

_Sri

View solution in original post

VFXPro1
Level 8

Wow, that is great news about the row limit...or the lack there of.

Thank you so much for having someone confirming the import limit on CSV size/rows.

PowerApps Staff millopis
PowerApps Staff

No hard row limits on Power Query either.

Thanks,
M.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 280 members 4,798 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: