cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff JimDaly-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: CDS Version / Upgrade

When general availability is announced there will be a general public announcement like a blog post. Will update this thread too.  There will also be an email to the tenant and environment admins for the databases.

AccuFloDev
Level: Powered On

Hey @cjbrooks, excerpt from this Microsoft blog entry from March 2018:

Customers with existing environments

From today, any new environment created will get the latest version of the CDS for Apps and the features discussed in this blog. If you’re already using the Common Data Service and have an environment created, you won’t see these features immediately. We will be announcing the update process for existing environments in the coming weeks, until then you can create a new environment to try out these features.

It looks like they will have an upgrade method/path but it has not yet been announced when it will be available.

joshbrownwsna

Thank you Jim - FYI I've just confirmed with support that CDS 2.0 is needed for the integration with Microsoft Flow built into Dynamics 9.X.  Just wanted to update this thread with that information in case anyone else was having trouble getting it to work. 

GringoInMiami

Any updates on this? I can't find a way to upgrade my Default database (CDS 1.0) and ALL of my PowerApps are in that environment. Also, my Talent A&O instance is pointing to my Default DB (CDS 1.0) but none of the Talent-related entities appear in the Power platform.
mburbackeoc

Hello I am having the same issue in terms of my "default" CDS is set at version 1.0 for my Office 365 tenant. I have opened a support issue with Microsoft and I am only being told that "this is not possible to migrate the environment to CDS 2.0 as of now." What I tripped on this week is that when I was in my D365 for Talent Attract and Onboard, I was able to setup a new CDS instance at the 2.0 level. But it shows as "Trial" CDS instance within D365 Admin Center. My issue is that I want to start using Project Roadmap, which requires your "default" CDS to be at 2.0 so that it can deploy a solution file.
PowerApps Staff

Waiting on the outcome of some tests to ensure this will work for you. Hope to be able to make this available very soon.
joshbrownwsna

Thank you for the update Jim! This is important for us as it will enable us to leverage Microsoft Flow on CRM. We’re excited to do this and are looking forward to further updates
Huntk20

My company is also hurting really bad by not having CDS2.0 in the middle of our massive AX2009 Migration to D365. I wish we would have been told ahead of time to not migrate to D365 because we will be missing a ton of these new features they showoff at events. UGH!

I also opened a Premier ticket and found out it is not possible. They cannot even help you migrate your Flows/Power Apps in a faster way to a newly created CDS2.0 instance.

PowerApps Staff

You can now upgrade your previous version CDS database to CDS for Apps.
Please see the documentation just published here: Upgrade to Common Data Service for Apps.

There are still a number of issues we are still working on, but using the instructions in these documents you should be able to complete your migrations.

Let me know if you have any questions.

GringoInMiami

Close...but not quite the answer. The article describes WHAT happens when the process is performed but does not include HOW to perform the steps. I went to the PowerApps Admin Center but nothing has changed in terms of options for the Default environment (with CDS 1.0).

Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 4,162 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: