cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maurits
Level 8

CDS Virtual Entity no longer working

Hi, we use Dynamics 365 with a couple of virtual entities. One of our PowerBI reports uses such entity.

For a couple of weeks this worked great and was for us a great way to use onpremises (behind firewall) data combined with cloud data of Dynamics 365 for Sales.

But, since a couple of weeks the PowerBI report is no longer able to refresh the data.
The virtual entity itself is fine, data is available within Dynamics, so the virtual entity connection etc are okay.

It has to do with the way CDS acts as not only PowerBI, but also Power Apps is no longer able to connect to that specific entity.
It returns an error about an invalid server respone from the external server (400, invalid command entityName, DataSourceKind: Cds).

Any of you who has such a combination running without errors (like we had until a couple of weeks ago)?

Kind regards,

Maurits 

5 REPLIES 5
Yahya
Level 10

Re: CDS Virtual Entity no longer working

Few other features are not working, such as look up fields in PowerApps forms for CDS. Few other long waited small features are not made available. Every few days i notice Dynamics 365 goes to maintenance. In any case the team has been busy with the Microsoft Business Summit, i think next week they will be more available here.

Let us see. 

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Adding @bsimons from the Platform team.

Thanks,
Clay.
mayadu
Level: Powered On

We have verified that VE concern is not a generic issue, but particular concern. We need more information to continue investigation. Please contact me directly if issue persists and more investigation is needed. I will update the post if we find more informaiton on the topic.

yenchen
Level: Power Up

We are also encountering the same error while using the web portal to create an app for a virtual entity.  Any update on this?

error.png

mayadu
Level: Powered On

Unfortunatly we have found the issue in hte way grid presents informaiton in UCI. We are working on addressing this item as soon as possible.

Sorry it took so long

Maya

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 329 members 6,404 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: