cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TurnerLab
Level: Powered On

CDS and connectors display as "not connected"

I have about 11 connectors that are displaying as 'status: Connected' under 'app -> details -> connections' however when trying to access and use the features I see that they are all 'Not Connected' when viewing datasources in app. Also I'm noticing that my PowerBI for app performance is down. Is this a global CDS issue? Luckly, my other application is not affected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TurnerLab

Re: CDS and connectors display as "not connected"

I solved my own problem today by removing all CDS and connector services and re-adding them. This removed the associated links to the database and caused a database name change to previously linked elements. This means I had to manually go back and relink everything. This was not a great user experience and a complete waste of time. Meanwhile PowerApps was saying everything was "Connected" (Even after signing out ) and signing out of connectors and signing back in wasn't enough to fix this my underlining problem. I was unable to get the support needed on this which put our team in a bad place for several days. I hope this doesnt happen again in the future as it was severally crippling to our workflow and has lowered our confidence in PowerApps as a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TurnerLab,

What is your region?

Some regions are doing CDS Migrations, this might be the issue for the disconnect problem.

There are some issues published under the support page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Please take a note about that.

Further, take a try to check with the connections created, make sure there is no credentials need to be updated.

Manage canvas-app connections in PowerApps

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TurnerLab

I'm from the North America region and still having the same CDS issues - I've tried re-signing in, reauthenticating the app services/connectors and Office365/CDS connectors still says 'Not Connected'. I've read on the PowerApps known issue site that this was fixed - I think not.

Referencing:

• 2019-01-10 15:00:00 UTC 
    Customers in North America experienced issues during CDS Migration. The issue was fixed on 2019-01-10 at 20:00:00 UTC.
TurnerLab

I solved my own problem today by removing all CDS and connector services and re-adding them. This removed the associated links to the database and caused a database name change to previously linked elements. This means I had to manually go back and relink everything. This was not a great user experience and a complete waste of time. Meanwhile PowerApps was saying everything was "Connected" (Even after signing out ) and signing out of connectors and signing back in wasn't enough to fix this my underlining problem. I was unable to get the support needed on this which put our team in a bad place for several days. I hope this doesnt happen again in the future as it was severally crippling to our workflow and has lowered our confidence in PowerApps as a solution.