cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lknudson1
Level: Powered On

CDS attachments only available to user that entered attachment

I have created a custom entity in CDS with attachments enabled.

All users have same read/write/delete rights to Custom CDS Entities.

User 'A' enters CDS record and adds attachement to a PDF document.  The gallery showing all records and includes attached PDF reference.

User 'B' goes to the same gallery and they see record information, but no attachment.

Any reason why this should be the case?  I need all users to be able to see attachments added by any user.  I have got to make this work to implement app.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: CDS attachments only available to user that entered attachment

Hi @lknudson1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the User B could not see the attachments uploaded via UserA?

Further, which security role of your PowerApps environment is assigned to the User B? Does the User B only have permission to your custom Entity rather than other Entites in your CDS?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If the User A and User B has same permissions to your CDS, the User B could access the uploaded attachments from User A.

Actually, the uploaded attachments within the CDS Entity would be saved into the Note Entity. Please make sure the User B has enough permission to access the Note Entity in your CDS:13.JPG

In addition, please also check if you have assigned appropriate security role of your PowerApps Environment to your User B. You could consider assign a "System Administrator" security role of your PowerApps Environment to your User B, then try the app again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about Security Roles in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lknudson1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you mean that the User B could not see the attachments uploaded via UserA?

Further, which security role of your PowerApps environment is assigned to the User B? Does the User B only have permission to your custom Entity rather than other Entites in your CDS?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If the User A and User B has same permissions to your CDS, the User B could access the uploaded attachments from User A.

Actually, the uploaded attachments within the CDS Entity would be saved into the Note Entity. Please make sure the User B has enough permission to access the Note Entity in your CDS:13.JPG

In addition, please also check if you have assigned appropriate security role of your PowerApps Environment to your User B. You could consider assign a "System Administrator" security role of your PowerApps Environment to your User B, then try the app again, check if the issue is solved.

More details about Security Roles in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#predefined-security-roles

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
lknudson1
Level: Powered On

RE: "Do you mean that the User B could not see the attachments uploaded via User A?"

* Yes, and other way around - User A couldn't see attachments uploaded via User B.

I didn't think it was a security issue between A and B as they both had full access to Custom entity, and I didn't want to up User privilege to 'System Administrator' Role.

However, I had no idea that attachments were held in Note  Entity!  Adding Team privileges to 'Note' Entity did the trick.

Many Thanks!

Just to add to the previous reply, it sounds like the users only have user-level access on the Note entity. To see attachments added by other users, they will need at least Business Unit (if only to see attachments added by users in the same Business Unit) or Organization-level (to see all attachments ) permission on the Note entity

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,755)